Access to excess produce from the farm as available
Hours of Operation
- PEAK SEASON (typically
April-November): Monday-Friday 7:30/8:00 am-6:00 pm with a 1-hour lunch break
- OFF-SEASON (typically December-March): Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm with a 1-hour
- SATURDAY WORK: We do work on Saturdays during the peak season on an
as-needed basis to complete time sensitive work.
When considering employment on our
farm, please keep in mind that this is a farm and there may be times when these hours will
vary based on weather conditions, farm events, or other factors. While we do our best to
maintain a regular workday schedule, there may be days when you will be asked to stay late
or come in early to complete critical, time sensitive work such as completing a weekly
planting before it starts to rain or staying late to finish packing CSA boxes. There also
may be days or times throughout the year when the workload is lighter and hours may be
We seek individuals with the following characteristics:
When considering employment on our farm, be sure to consider a few important things:
- Hard-working with a positive attitude
- Good listening & communication skills
- Good critical thinking skills - able to problem solve and practice common sense
- Able to follow instructions
- Able to work cooperatively as part of a team, but also able to work independently
- Willingness to learn new things and accept challenges
- Supportive of and receptive to learning and practicing organic farming practices
- Attentive to details
- Dependable & able to meet the expectations for time & attendance
- We expect work to be done to a high standard of quality. We are passionate about our business and our standards for quality are what have brought us success for over 40 years.
- We strive to get our work completed efficiently and have many time-sensitive tasks. As such, you need to be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You need to be willing to work in any kind of weather, rain or shine, hot or cold. If we can harvest vegetables, we'll be in the field.
- There is a tremendous amount of opportunity here for individuals that are willing to learn through hard work, keen observation, attention to detail, listening and asking questions. Opportunities for advancement may exist for individuals demonstrating a strong work ethic, superior performance and a commitment to our farm's goals and values.
We are looking for an individual with 2-5 years of vegetable farming experience to be part of our farm production crew.
You must be familiar with and/or willing to learn organic farming methods and be a flexible,
cooperative team member with a positive attitude. Experience with operating tractors and implements for vegetable production is required.
We are looking to recruit an individual with an interest in working here for two or more years.
In this position you will work closely with our Head Farmer, Richard. We are looking for an individual
who can grow into a more advanced farming and leadership role on our farm with the potential to become a more integral part of our management team. Work will depend on your level of skill, experience, and rate of learning but may include the following:
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Soil preparation
- Transplanting & seeding in the field
- Mechanical cultivation & harvest
- Seeding cover crops
- Fertilizer, mineral and pest control application
- Pasture management & caretaking of animals
- Irrigation setup
- Equipment & facility maintenance and repair
- Record keeping
- 2 or more years vegetable farming experience
- Experience operating tractors and implements for vegetable production
- Preventative maintenance and basic machinery repair skills
- Able to keep accurate records of work done on a daily basis
- Basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Searching)
Packing Shed Lead - Now Hiring
We are looking for an individual with excellent communication and organizational skills to work in our packing shed. General responsibilities include developing daily work plans and overseeing wash/pack operations to ensure proper packing and maintaining quality standards. You will also help to enforce and implement sanitation practices, help to maintain general orderliness of the packing shed area as well as storage areas, coolers, greenhouses and other work areas. Other responsibilities will include preparing packaging needs (labels, boxes, containers, etc.), receive, label store and inventory product being received from the field, work with the crew to wash and pack produce when necessary, and load and unload products and supplies on/off of trucks.
In this position, you will work with our current packing shed coordinators and management to plan and coordinate the flow of production to complete washing and packing of produce for distribution to our CSA, wholesale accounts and farmer's market. Your job will be to have the ''Big Picture View'' of the work that needs to be coordinated to meet deadlines, ensure product is handled properly, pacing shed work plans are coordinated with other areas of the farm, and packing shed operations and facilities are maintained.
With respects to our specific markets, your responsibilities will include the following:
Required skills include:
- Wholesale/Retail Sales: Receive orders, communicate with Sales Manager, Bookkeeper & Wholesale Coordinator in the packing shed to ensure orders are filled and shipped correctly. You will also schedule and plan trucking, coordinate consolidated shipping /cross-docking.
- Farmer's Market: Ensure product being harvested for Farmer's Market is washed, sorted and stored appropriately for market quality standards. Ensure all product is packed for market and the truck is loaded with all necessary supplies. Complete inventory of product upon return from market.
- CSA: Coordinate washing and portioning of CSA produce in preparation for twice weekly CSA packing. Communicate with CSA coordinator regarding needs for completing CSA packing to meet deadlines.
Job applicants - please use
email address for correspondence.
- Previous experience working on a vegetable farm in preferred
- Familiar with GAP/GHP principals
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access)
- Able to work as a part of a team with effective communication
- Experience operating fork lift and pallet jack
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Able to lift 30-40 pounds
- Spanish language skills a bonus